"That Sausage Stuff"

This recipe is one my mother taught me, except I kicked it up a notch. The name of it may sound odd, but that's only because she didn't know what else to call it. The "core" recipe is very simple, and I've added some extras at the end that I use often to make it healthier and tastier, and requests I've received along the way. Have fun with it!

Core recipe:

1 bag of frozen cubed potatoes (keep frozen until cooking time)
2 - 4 polish sausage links (the big, long kind. These are precooked.)

In a stock pot, get the potatoes started cooking on medium heat in either a little cooking oil or bacon grease. The stock pot won't be full by the time you're done (unless you're cooking for a group). While that's going, cut the sausages into "coins" and add to the potatoes.

Extras to jazz it up:

*celery, sliced
*carrots, chopped
*sauerkraut (warmed and served on the side, as not everyone likes it)
*minced and/or powdered garlic, incorporated with the sausage
*tomatoes, chopped
*green onion, sliced

When everything is hot, cooked and mixed together, serve with homemade cornbread.

By Melissa

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesOctober 18, 2004