Dog Crate Cover
This is a cover for my dog's cage. I made to help keep him warm and also for privacy. It has a flap in the front you can tie up or let it down to have the cover closed yet allow him access to go in and out.
Approximate Time: 45 minutes
- fabric-amount depends on size of cage
- sewing machine
- tape measure
- First measure each side of the cage and cut pieces big enough for all areas (top, front and sides, but not bottom) to be covered. Allow an extra 1 inch for seam allowance.
- Sew the four sides around the top piece. Keep fitting it over the cage to be sure they are the correct size.
- Do not sew the front flap. This will be used as a door so the dog can walk through and go in or out as he pleases. Or you can attach a tie to the top of the cover and tie it up if you wish to have it open.
- Hem the bottom of the cover.
- Put a hem in the 2 pieces that make up the flap.
- Cut some strips of fabric about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide to use as ties to hold it to the cage.
- Sew 2 ties in each corner. Wrap around the bars of the cage and tie to prevent the cover from moving around. These will hold it securely.
Let Rover inspect it and enjoy!
By Donna from Millbury, OH
October 24, 20090 found this helpful
That's really cute. I received a lap quilt from a catalog promotion as a gift for buying something else. It's small enough to use as a crate cover. I just folded it to cover the top and both sides with out covering the back or front. It's cozy enough for my Maltipoo and Shiz-Tzu with out sewing.
October 29, 20120 found this helpful
Just don't forget where you put the dog ha ha. It's also a good way of camouflaging the cage to blend into a room. And of course in the heat of summer you might want to remove the cover so your dog doesn't overheat.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 9:13:18 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us