Green Water in Above Ground Pool

We just set up a metal frame pool and the water has been nothing but green since! I have shocked it three times, added bleach, used stablizer, clairfier, and algecide as well. We have also added much clorine granules, and still no luck. PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS
- Carol

We just moved to a house w/ an AG pool so I have no experience but you might try www.aquachem.com their website has a lot of information about chemicals for pools

you might want to cover the pool next time you add chlorine, it is a gas. If you add to your pool on a sunny or windy day. it escapes far to fast to do any good, once covered for about 24 hours, get ready to vacuum up all the green junk at the bottom of the pool, good luck! (it may take a few times, if its real green) also take your water over to a pool place to get it tested, it could be something simple and you wont have to RE-FIX the problem

I used to work at a pool/spa store. you should get your water tested at a pool store. Most places do it for free. Be sure you dont just get surface water, fill a clean quart jar a ways below the surface. One of the best things to do is sweep and vaccuum your pool before and after shocking. If it has a filter, be sure to flush that every day until the algae is gone. If it has a sand filter, you may consider replacing the sand, but usually flushing it will work. It is likely that the algae is binding with the chlorine in the water not letting the chlorine. Be sure the inner surfaces are scrubbed before shocking it again. that way it gets "stirred up" allowing the chemicals to work properly. I highly reccommend having your ph and alkaline tested as this is what causes the algae to begin forming in the first place. The test strips aren't always as accurate as a computer analysis done in a store. Call around, usually you can get an in-depth analysis for free! Good luck!

did you run the filter??

Don-t waste any more time or money stressing over it, just get a pool professional in to fix it for you. It may cost you, but at least it will save the anxiety and stress of worrying over it and buying products that obviously don-t fix the problem.

Our last home had an inground pool and we were there for 17 years. In the spring we shocked it and the rest of the time put 1/2 gallon chlorine in pool every evening and whole gallon on weekends and every weekend threw in a whole regular size box of baking soda. That was it.

Good Luck!!!

We just put up a pool this weekend and our water is green as well. We shocked it and nothing happened. I know for a fact that our well water has alot of iron and sulfur in it. I called the Aquachem problems # and they told us to put some of the chemical called "metal scale", then after 6 or 7 days to shock it again. We'll see!!!!

my chlorine is to high how to lower it?

Help I went and had my water tested they told me what to buy, but it didn't work. I don't know what to do now. I turned the filter and pump off , why waste electricity on a green pool?

STOP USING CHLORINE IT'S THE CHLORINE REACTING WITH THE METAL IN YOUR WATER THAT CREATES THIS PROBLEM. AFTER YEARS OF PROBLEMS WITH THE WATER TURNING GREEN THE ONLY CHOICE I HAD WAS USING ALL NON-CHLORINE PRODUCTS. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO REVERSE THE PROBLEM BUT I ALWAYS HAD TO DRAIN AND REFILL.

i'VE ALSO DISCOVERED MOST POOL SUPPLY HOUSES HAVE NO CLUE AS TO ANYTHING BEYOND PH AND SIMPLE WATER SAMPLE TESTS.

I want to use bleach instead of chemicals. My pool is 13,600 gallons. Can you tell me how much bleach I need to add daily for it to be clear again?

Susie1926 AT netzero.net

What does it mean when my chlorine and bromine test water turns red?

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceApril 19, 2005
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
A blue above ground swimming pool.
Cleaning an Above Ground Pool
Above Ground Pool
Winterizing an Above Ground Pool
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 5:52:03 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.