BodySkin Care

A Treat for Your Hands

Over a wash basin, Put half a teaspoon of salt into the palm of one hand, then add a teaspoon of sweet almond oil. Rub your hands together as though washing them. Rinse with cool water, then pat dry.

Your hands will be softer than you've felt for a long time.

It's especially good after gardening, or if you are going out and will be shaking hands with people.

Your feet will also benefit from this lovely treatment - especially if done just after a bath (use the bathwater to rinse off.

The sweet almond oil can be bought cheaply from your health food shop.

Cheers!

By Wendy M. from Oz. from Australia

I love this (it's great on rough feet!) but I use sugar instead of salt - it won't sting if you have small cuts. And if sweet almond oil isn't handy almost any light oil will do. I like to use glycerine (instead of oil) and a drop of spearmint essential oil.

I keep a recycled plastic container in my shower with a simple mixture of white sugar and enough olive oil to make it like wet sand. During a shower, I scoop out a handful and use it to scrub my legs and arms, feet, and hands. My legs no longer flake in the winter, and I don't get the dry little bumps that make it hard to shave any more!

A couple of cautions: if you scrub your feet, be careful you don't slip (!), and while I have never had a problem with it making my shower slippery, it is always a possibility--be prepared to clean a potentially slippery floor, just in case!

These are all excellent treatments which I , myself have been using for many a year and have passed down to my daughter (and son and husband!) too!!!