Fixing a Washer That Won't Spin

In the last spin cycle, my washer made a breaking, grinding plastic noise. I opened lid and after a minute of this noise it stopped spinning and the motor was still running? It agitates, washes clothes, drains water out, but will not spin? I have to fix it myself. Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is?

By Diane from MI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Remove the cap off the agitator, flip back the top of the console, remove any nuts keeping the tub in the console. There will be a clutch ring that needs to be replaced.

It sound like the belt broke, If you can turn over the washer and see if it did take to old belt and replace it with the same one, new of corse, it is not hard to do. be careful to unplug the washer first and get a person that has the strength to turn it over for you, I hope this helps and God bless you.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 31, 2011
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
washing machine
Washer is Stuck in Spin Cycle
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:04:36 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.