Making a Soap Swan

I need directions for making a soap swan. I use to make these but its been a long time ago. I know you use a dove shape soap, netting with some bangles attached, but I can't remember how to make the swan's head or the final directions to put it together. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Susan from Bremen, Georgia

I hadn't thought about the Soap Swan for years. But I made them with my kids in the 60's... You are right, you start with a Dove Beauty Bar which was a curved oval shape, and a square of nylon net pulled up to gather at the back for the tail. Glue on sequins for flash, and at the opposite end, you stick in a chenille stem about 4 inches long and curve it for the swan's neck, and stick a small stryofoam ball on the other end. Use a couple black sequins for eyes, and half a round toothpick for a beak. Wish I had the materials on hand to make one and take a picture...perhaps I can add a picture later.

Harlean from Arkansas

Oh, and I forgot one other thing. If the swan doesn't want to sit up straight, put about 3 beads on the bottom. Just push a straight pin through them and space them as necessary.

Harlean from Arkansas

Thankyou Harlean, I am going to make a couple of these for a centerpiece. I can picture them now and know how the head was made, I honestly couldn't remember.One of those "senior moments" Thankyou again

I found these instructions for you.

My Grand mother used to make these when I was a child.

She also made them into fish and other things simpler.

Hope this helps you.

Swan Soap Sachets

Make a soap sachet in the shape of a swan. Take a bar of Dove and wrap it in pale pink tulle or other pretty material. Use a pink pipe cleaner to secure the end and fan out the edge to make the swan's tail. Twist two more pink pipe cleaners together and bend them into the shape of a swan's neck. Glue that to the body of the swan. This is a great little bathroom decoration.

Harlean from Arkansas, did you ever make up the soap swan? I would L-O-V-E to see it, as I used to make these, too, when I was a little "pioneer" girl and would like to make them again with my granddaughter someday. THANKS!

You don't know how long I have wanted to find someone else who could remember these! I collect ideas for nursing home activity directors. Thank you so much for the discussion. If someone has a picture of one please post it!

Making a Soap Swan
Making a Soap Swan
Crafts Home DecorNovember 17, 2006
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄