Uses for CD Jewel Cases

I have tons of CD Jewel cases that I have no use for them as my husband and I use the CD cases in the car. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I can ship all of our old CD cases in exchange for cash. Kind of like recycling?

Kimberly from Euclid, OH

Editor's Note: Feel free to post your favorite ways to recycled CD jewel cases as well. There have to be some interesting uses for them.

You could take them and paint a border around them. Or you could use cloth and glue it on. Then you could place a picture inside and make it into a picture frame. You could also glue jewels, rocks or anything else around the edges. I once taught a children's art class and everyone had the best time making them. You could also make them as gifts.

I was going to say the same thing as the above answer. Even tho you can't get cash for them this way, why not take them to the local preschool or church and see if they could use them. You can also join a freecycle group in your area and list them..someone will probably take them for crafts. To join a freecycle program in your area, just go to www.freecycle.org and look up your area.

Good Luck

Make a big wall calendar. Put a large number printed from the computer into each CD case and mount on the wall. You could substitute a friend's photo for the number on their birthday.

I donated my used cd cases to the library to save them money in replacing their beat up ones. They are saving me money by not having to buy books, movies or music so I figure it was an even trade!

Display your kids' (or your) artwork on the refrigerator door! Cut up and glue pliable plastic magnets to the empty CD covers and insert the artwork inside the clear case. (Many real estate agents print calendars and business cards on these magnets and send them in the mail).

It would be difficult to get cash for the used CD cases because you can buy them brand new for pennies on the dollar. The donation ideas are great too.

You might try your local rental places, and see if they will buy them, or let you donate for the rent of a movie. If not the rental places, how about the trade in CD or DVD places, and use the same thought as for the rental stores.

Maybe decorate it like a photo frame like suggested above, only put a GIFT CERTIFICATE inside and present it as a gift.

Since the cheapest way to buy CD's for data burning purposes is to buy the "cake box" packages, I use the old music CD cases to store the discs I've burned my data to.

There is a good page on recycling/reuse of jewel cases over at recyclepedia.org:

http://www.recyclepedia.org/index.php?title=Jewel_cases

I could really use a lot of used CD cases. Hundreds! I would be willing to pay S&H if anyone just wants to get rid of them. I have a lot of movies that I burned to DVD's. I am keeping them in cake boxes right now. I need the standard size plastic ones so I can store them with the titles visible, the thin one are useless for my needs.

Three large stacks of CD Jewel Cases.
Uses for CD Jewel Cases
Better Living Green Living Recycling PlasticJanuary 18, 2006
CD Jewel Case Décor
CD Jewel Case Décor Ideas
DVD Media Case on White Background
Uses for DVD Media Cases
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
CD Case Plant Display
Making a CD Case Plant Display
🎉
🎄