Washer Does Not Agitate or Spin

Why does my Kenmore washer fill with water, but won't do anything else?

By Bryan from Philadelphia, PA

September 19, 2011 Flag

My washer fills, but then it does nothing. It won't wash and it won't spin the water out; all it does is fill. Can someone help please? Thank you.

By DM

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My washer did this a few months ago. My neighbor came over, tilted the washer over and pushed a reset button underneath the washer and it has worked fine ever since. Good luck!

April 5, 2011 Flag

I have a GE washer. It is less than 2 years old. The spin and agitation cycles just stopped working? Everything else works fine.

By Christa from TX

Answers:

Washer Does not Agitate or Spin

Call in someone to fix it. It's usually still cheaper to pay for a repair then it is to buy a new washing machine. (07/12/2010)

By MCW

Washer Does Not Agitate or Spin

My 10 year old machine would not spin. I had my boyfriend look at it, but he couldn't see anything obvious. The next day, I called in an appliance repair man, and he had it fixed within 20 minutes. It is a common thing to happen, and required a small piece. Easy for this guy, but a job of many hours if you don't know what you are doing. Just call a repair man. My bill was about $100. (07/14/2010)

By louel53

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 12, 2010 Flag

My washer will not agitate or spin.

By Harvey from Decatur, GA

Answers:

Washer Does not Agitate or Spin

May just need a new belt. (06/11/2010)

By crunchberry

Washer Does not Agitate or Spin

My washer wouldn't spin, by accident I was able to get it to. I would push on the lid like I was giving it CPR. Sometimes I would chose a different cycle and then push down in the middle of the lid and I could manually get it to spin. Then I realized all I needed to do was tap the lid where the lid met the connection to the washer. It's a pain to have to wait til it washes then change the spin then go back to the rinse cycle and spin again, but it's getting a little life back. I don't know about the agitation unless you try another setting. An appliance guy once told me that so many machines say "large capacity", but people overload the dryers and washers. If you have to buy another one be careful your not overloading the appliances. (06/16/2010)

By mishelley

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersApril 5, 2011
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
🎉
🎄