Problems Using the Gianni Paint Kit for Countertops

I just finished my cupboards and sad to say they look bad. I used the Gianni kit for countertops in chocolate brown. On the last section there were so many dry spots even though we thought we had followed instructions carefully. We went over it again to try to eliminate the lap lines. Now we have milky countertops. Please help!

We would sand, prime, and do that section again, but have run out of brown paint in the last step. We may have enough of the other two. We already have bought two kits as we needed extra brown, so we redid the whole thing to have it all look the same. The video says to back roll the final step and the instructions say not to. This is confusing as my husband did it one way and I the other.

I found it a lot more challenging than I would have thought. I loved the end result until we ran into this problem. Now how can we fix it after spending $200? I don't know if I would recommend this or not. I bought the kit in Moncton and since we live a distance away we had to also pay for shipping the second kit. I hope you can help us out somehow. Frustrated!

Perhaps you could contact the Gianni company for some help on the 2 sets of steps. They may reimburse you because the instructions are confusing.

I don't know what happened to the comment I left here for you last week with this information but here's the info again. ;-) Go to this link and at the very bottom of the page you'll find their contact button to get information directly from them:

There is also a FAQ link at the top of the page that might be helpful to you.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenFebruary 9, 2011
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Middle School Locker Kit
Making a Middle School Locker Kit