Pool Noodles As Safety Bumpers

contest winner icon

Someone gave my husband and me their old chicken coop that needed repair. We fixed it up best we could, but the only real problem was that the edges of the tin roof would scratch my head when I was cleaning the coop, gathering eggs, and so on.

I was in the Dollar General one day and noticed they had their pool noodles (those long foam things people can float with in pools) on sale, so I bought a couple and brought them home. I took some sharp scissors and put a split in each one. I took them outside and put them around the edges of the tin chicken coop roof, and, presto, no more scratched head.

I also think this will work for parents with toddlers who are just learning to walk or or already getting around good. They can put them on tables and such with sharp edges so baby won't get hurt if they bump into them. They can be cut to fit, covered up with a table cover, or just taken off for when company comes.

By Jennifer J. S. from Mercer, TN

Wow, now that was using your noodle! (Pun intended:) I love to see how people re-purpose items & this is a great usage. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless.

Trish in CT

Pool Noodles
Uses for Pool Noodles
Home and Garden Home Improvement Outdoor StructuresJuly 13, 2011
Inflating Pool Toys
Inflating Pool Toys
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Boy in Life-vest in Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool Safety Tips
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety