Surprise Birthday Party For Teenager - Categories:

BirthdayParties

Surprise Birthday Party For Teenager

Does anyone have any ideas for a daughter's 14th birthday party? The problem is we can't have it at home because we live with my dad who is sick. A surprise party would be cool, if possible. And another obstacle is money; I'm not rich.

By Michele from Wyandotte, MI

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

If you know any of her friends ask them if they wouldn't mind hosting a party and could get permission from their parents. If that doesn't work try a favorite teacher.

When my developmentally disabled daughter was graduating from high school, my Mother was terminally ill, although we didn't live with her, we were making a 200 mile one way trip every weekend to be with her. My daughter understood, that she wouldn't be taking part in the graduation ceremony, having a graduation party, or even having senior pictures taken. The senior pictures weren't taken because all of our money was going to gas to travel back and forth to my Mother. Her mentality level wasn't as high as a 14 year age level, so if she understood, your daughter should be able to understand that she shouldn't have a party this year. Myself, I think too much fuss is made over constant birthday parties.

I have a daughter who will be turning 13 this year, & remembering being a teen myself not too many years ago;), if your daughter and her friends are into dressing up, wearing make-up, they can give each other make-over's, manicures and pedicures. You can either go to the dollar store to buy cheap mani/pedi sets, and little makeup kits, or have your daughter's friends bring their own makeup, to save your wallet. They could watch a movie also, and have popcorn, and punch is pretty cheap rather than soda. I have learned to really check out the dollar store, or double-up on coupons to find good deals! Good luck!

Party place options:

Depending on weather at a park

Or, inside at a relatives home, a friends home, or your church.

Idea's: if it is going to be a surprise, considering asking each guest to bring a gift appropriate for the theme.

Sweet 16: make-up, boa's, , etc. Have them shop at the $$ store to pick up what they need. Much cheaper than an actual gift anyway.

One could even bring a movie

popcorn, store brand ice cream and make your own cake. Balloons are not necessary, neither are streamers.

Kids usually just want to have fun.

At the sweet 16, and yes you can have this as a 14 yr old princess party, take pictures for them to remember the day by.

Hello Michele and best wishes to your young teenage daughter on her 14th birthday! My mom planned and pulled off a surprise birthday party for me on my 15th b-day and 35 plus years later it's still a wonderfully fond memory.

She only spent money to make a cake and supply snacks for 10 or so loudmouthed teenage girls (no decorations), the time necessary to arrange such by calling my friends and their parents (swearing them to secrecy), and a few hours (probably pulling her hair out) as we shrieked and squealed and sang to loud pop music like teenage girls do.

I understand this was many a decade ago ("old school" as the kids now say) - but if you can find a friend or parent of your daughter's friends to offer up a room in their house for a few hours (since it can't be in your home) purchase, prepare (and be prepared to clean up) snacks and sodas in the room for the girls to consume, it could be a great memory in the making for your daughter. :)

You could ask the friends for modestly priced generic or theme based gifts, (maybe an earring theme - ask each girl to spend under $10.00 and include a card with why they think your daughter might like the set.) You can add these cards to your daughter's scrap books or memory books, later, and don't forget to leave a camera in the room for the girls to take candid photos, too.

Let the girls play loud music or loud television or loud whatever-it-is-the-girls-like-loud these days. You, mom, can pop in and out quickly with a birthday cake and later, make sure everyone gets home safely.

I understand that some parents want to fabricate lavish landscapes and super hyped scenarios for a child's celebration, but I honestly believe the best we can do for this generation is to remind them that money and material possessions can't buy them happiness: Happiness only comes from the joy of companionship be it faith, family, friends, pets, nature, or shared passions.

Wishing you and your daughter a great memory of her "Fourteen and Fun" birthday party! Good luck.

How about a 24-hour surprise party for her, beginning at midnight on the day of her birthday? Get her up at midnight and quietly sing "Happy Birthday" to her; then at 1:00am, wake her up gently and tell her one reason why you love her; at 2:00am do the same thing thing, and so on. If she has to go to school that day, put notes in her purse or wallet that are to be opened and read every hour while she's away from home.

When she comes home, continue giving her notes every hour, but this time include inexpensive, little gifts (new lipstick, new pair of earrings, etc.), until about 6:00pm.

Proceed then to an inexpensive pizza place (Cece's, etc.) where her dear friends will be awaiting (make arrangements with their parents prior to the get-together and swear them to secrecy!). Your budget will determine how many girls can attend.

Ask the girls to write a note to your daughter telling her why they like her so much or a fun time they shared; these could be included with either a group gift or individual little gifts.

Being with friends and family is the most important thing in one's life, and reading or hearing why you're loved is the best gift of all!

Bowling is pretty cheap entertainment, they could all meet at a bowling alley.

For my sister sweet 16 we had her a surprise party. We had it under are pole barn. Someone took her around town all day why we set up and everyone got there. She was super surprised.

March 7, 2011 Flag

For my bffs 14th birthday I was gonna throw her a surprise party and I have no ideas, themes, or games. Help please.

Anything is everything. [whatever that means]

shy from Dang Boy, UT

Answers:

Surprise Birthday Party For Teenager

Here are some ideas:

Movie night: if you have access to a nice lawn, run an extension cord from the house outside and plug in the TV or a laptop works. Make popcorn and let everyone season theirs with butter, salt, and chilly pepper or other yummy condiments.

Music Madness: Isn't music about everything? Just turn up the tunes and get the party rolling with snacks. Turn the lights down and get out the Christmas lights to give a nice dancing atmosphere and party down. You can play games like musical chairs, guess the tune, or the artist and let it be a music potluck where everyone brings their favorites.

Smoothies rule: It's true. Devote this party to smoothie makings have everyone bring their own fruit and make sure you have at least two blenders and lots of yogurt and some juice. Then let it get wild while you whip up some sweet smoothies. (10/03/2007)

By may-fairy

Surprise Birthday Party For Teenager

My daughter loved her moonwalk party. All the teenagers are not allowed to play in the public ones and they all loved it. (10/18/2007)

By Sheila

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 7, 2011
Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
Teens Eating Pizza
Saving Money on Feeding Teens
70th Birthday Party Ideas
70th Birthday Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 4:36:17 AM on 10.0.0.66 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.