Buy Halloween Candy At The Last Minute

I usually wait until the day before or the day of Halloween to buy my Trick or Treat candy. My husband and I try to watch our diet since we are both a bit "fluffy". LOL! We love sweets so I always buy candy that we don't care for.

For example: I don't like peanuts and he doesn't like coconut, so I usually buy Snickers and Mounds minature bars. And since I wait until almost the last minute to buy them we usually eat only one or two bars - he eats the Snickers and I eat the Mounds.

That way we also get a "treat" but don't overdo it, the kids love their treats and everyone is happy. If there are any bars left over we bring them to work so that we won't eat them. I've been doing this for over ten years and it works for us.

By Margaret from Denton, TX

The only problem is that the week before Halloween and Halloween day, there's no candy on sale in stores. What they want is for you to come in last minute and pay full price. I buy mine early and with coupons, to save money and be frugal. I don't open the packages until Halloween day. I keep the candy in the back of he pantry. Out of sight, out of mind!

If you have a sweet tooth, they make sugar free candy and weight watchers chocolates, that you can keep in jar, that way you won't have the urge to eat full fat and full sugar candy. Weight watcher candy coupons are in the Sunday paper a lot, and the sugar free candy isn't a bad price as well! Now you can eat well and be frugal and not wait until the last minute to buy full price Halloween candy, just hide it out of sight!

I haven't given out candy in years to the trick or treaters. I buy the small bags of snacks instead. This year I'm giving Cheetos and pretzels. The kids get so much candy and I think they really appreciate getting something different. I always get compliments on what I'm handing out. Also, if there's any leftover, they can go in my kid's school lunches.

Also I get these big boxes of the little bagged snacks ahead of time and just have my hubby take to the basement or somewhere hidden away so me and the kids aren't tempted to get into them!

I don't know if this is being frugal as I probably spend more on the snacks than I would little candy bars but I think for 90 bagged snacks I spent around $14. Not bad, and it's only once a year anyway!

A big bowl of Halloween candy.
Saving Money on Halloween Candy
Holidays and Parties Halloween CandyOctober 24, 2006
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Birthday Present with Glitter
Last Minute Birthday Present Ideas
Halloween Wedding Ideas
Halloween Wedding Ideas
🎉
🎄