Removing Brown Paint from White Jeans

How do I remove brown paint from a pair of white jeans. It is just a small line on the butt. PLEASE HELP ME!

Jennifer from Bennettsville, SC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I've never had luck getting paint out of clothes. Turpentine may do the trick.

One thing you could try is Rit Dye Remover. It is usually in the same rack as Rit dye. It's very powerful stuff - don't get it on anything except the spot itself! I've had good luck with it. It takes all the dye out, so don't use it on things that aren't white!

I'm assuming you tried chlorine bleach already. If not, try it before the dye remover. Good luck!

Not sure if you can find it at you local store, but try Lestoil. You can look on line for it also.

I have had great success removing paint from fabrics using a product called "Flik". Here's a link:

http://www.sani  ts/spotting.html

I bought mine from a drycleaner in Australia but I have since bought some in the States. You will need to use a well-ventilated area and it's best to use gloves. Apply the gel to the stain and work it into the fabric with a wooden stick. It will dissolve and lift the paint. You may need to rinse in warm water and reapply before you remove all the stain. Wash well afterwards and don't dry it till you know the stain is gone. Hope this helps!!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 18, 2008
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:10:20 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.