Making Cracker Crumbs

As a physical therapist, I put to use the concept of compression on the spine to come up with this idea to quickly and neatly create cracker crumbs. Whenever you need crumbs, take the unopened sleeve of crackers and poke a few pinholes in it with a straight pin. Then, (remember the old exercise "I must, I must, I must increase my bust"?) put the ends of the sleeve of crackers in the palm of each hand and press your hands toward each other as if you were doing that exercise. You will feel the column of crackers gradually collapse and crumble. Try to keep the column as straight as possible to maintain the effect, although as it collapses it obviously loses its shape.

The pinholes are to allow air inside the sleeve to escape; otherwise the pouch would pop and your crackers and crumbs would go everywhere! Once you've compressed the sleeve as far as possible, you can then crush any remaining large pieces between your fingers right inside the sleeve. Open one end, and empty the crumbs where needed. No muss, no fuss, and no mess! Keep this from happening to your spine by getting sufficient calcium (it's not just found in milk, you know!), Vitamin D and exercise are the only fountain of youth we have!

By BBB

I hope children aren't reading "the old exercise". Family friendly please.

As I recall, preteens were the ones to use the exercise, anyway. If a younger brother got an earful at his sister's door, this was all just part of growing up. Now they make funny stories at reunions and birthday parties. That's about as family friendly as you can get.