Princess (Standard Dachshund)

Princess is a 10 years old Standard Dachshund. Her birthday will be April 1. I got her on Mother's Day, 2000 from a breeder we she was 8 weeks old. She's been the best Mother's Day present I've ever gotten. Princess is a very fun loving dog, even at the ripe old age of 10.

She has 2 sets of toys. Inside toys, and outside sticks. Inside she will play with whatever toy she can find. She loves to grab a toy and get you to chase her around the house. She also loves to chase and wrestle with our other dog, Buddy, and our cat. When I'm on the computer she lays under the desk. Outside she will chase sticks for hours. She also has a ball barking at the birds and whatever other wildlife come into the yard.

Princess is my best friend. She has been through a lot with me and always come through like a trooper. She's fun, brave, loving and so much more. I can't imagine life without her. She's become a real part of my soul.

In this picture she wrapped herself up in this blanket that I made for her, and used one of her toys for a pillow and was sleeping peacefully!

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Photo of a Mini Dachshund by the water.
Dachshund Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesApril 5, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Princess Amidala (Star Wars) Costume
little girl dressed as a princess
Making a Princess Costume
little girl dancing on bed in princess room
Color Advice for a Princess Room
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos