Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Simple, Good And Easy. This simple pot roast makes its own gravy in the slow cooker.

• 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • Ad
  • 1 (1 oz.) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 5 1/2 pounds pot roast

In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 4 to 5 hours.

Servings: 12
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
8 Hours Cooking Time

Source: Submitted By: Brenda A.

By Johnny from Shreveport, LA

I made this last weekend - only I didn't use any water. Just the onion soup mix and the mushroom soup. Also, I laid a piece of foil over the roast before putting the lid on the crockpot. There was a lot of au jus to use for gravy. It was delicious!

May 7, 2009 Flag

• 1 2-4 lb. chuck roast
  • 1 each cans of Campbell's (best flavor) condensed soup: French onion, beef broth, and beef consume'
  • Ad
  • 1 Tbsp. beef bouillon

Put all in slow cooker and cook on low 4-6 hours. When done, remove beef and shred with a fork. Return to broth and serve on sub buns. I use the broth to dip sandwich in as individual servings. I freeze the left over broth and reuse it. This makes a small roast go a long way and is very good.

By Granna from New Lexington, Ohio

Slow Cooker Beef Roast

You can have the same results for your pot roast for less money by using one Lipton's Onion Soup mix envelope instead of all the cans of soup. You just add sufficient water to cover the roast (water level should be at least to the middle of the crock pot). You can also use the left over "au jus" for making excellent beef gravy. I always stock up on the Lipton's when it's on sale and I'll use a coupon too. (08/30/2007)

By Sandy

Slow Cooker Beef Roast

I use Lipton's Beefy Onion soup and water for a delicious roast. (08/31/2007)

By Gen

Roast and vegetables in crockpot.
Crockpot Roast Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastMay 7, 2009
Slow Cooker
Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap