Thinking Ahead - Save Money Next Christmas

Make your Christmas list in January. Then shop all year round when you see something you think the person you are shopping for might like.

Example: My cousin loves lighthouses. I went into an antique store. A booth was going out of business. They had marked down several glass light houses 75% off. Guess what my cousin is getting for Christmas. I bought the light houses in March.

When you buy something, write what you bought beside the person's name.

By Sylvia

Hi. I do the same thing, during the year I buy or make gifts for different occasions. I have two marked boxes in my basement, one is marked Christmas, the other is marked All Occasion. Then as I accumulate the items, they go into the appropriate box. Sometimes they have someones name on them, other times they don't since we all have had that occasion where we need a gift in a hurry. It really helps.

LI Roe

Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsDecember 7, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A woman holding a gift wrapped in recycled paper.
Green Christmas Tips
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree