Nativity Scene from Ornaments

I got these little wooden nativity scene cutouts from Oriental Trading last season after Christmas. I re-found them this year, and decided to paint them up. Well, I didn't have enough paint colors, so I switched to markers and finished them up. They were originally ornaments, so I cut off the strings on top, and made this little diorama because we don't have a nativity scene to put under the tree.

I took a smallish cardboard box, cut the top and pieced it together to make it arched at the top. I then used a glue gun to arrange all the little figures in a scene, and made sure to cover up any logos or mailing info on the box. I did that by cutting up a small paper lunch bag and gluing it on top of the logos and such.

I'm really proud of the way this turned out! I might add a bit of raffia to make it look more "barn-like", but I'm really happy with the way it looks now as well!

By Jackie from Feasterville, PA

How adorable...and creative of you! I love it!

i agree

thank you for sharing

Good idea. Cute.

Nativity Scene Craft Ideas
Nativity Scene Craft Ideas
Crafts Christmas DecorationsDecember 4, 2006
Nativity made from clay pots.
Making a Clay Pot Nativity
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
hanging snowman decoration
Making a Winter Snowman Scene
🎄