Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Do I Keep Birds Off the Porch Railing?

How do you keep birds off of your porch railing? They are making a complete mess of it. Please help.

By Barbara from Troy, MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By john05/14/2010

Stretch some clear monfilament fishing line (10#) down the rail about 3 inches above the rail. Works like a charm for me at my beach house. After a couple of weeks the birds leave the rails alone.

By Sally Pifer [4]05/14/2010

You can buy a few rubber snakes (find them at a toy store) and hang them in various places. This should scare off the birds.

By Sally Pifer [4]05/14/2010

By Brittany [1]05/09/2010

My friend had the same problem. The birds pooped on her porch. They put spikes on the roof railings and they disappeared. Hope I helped.
<p>Brittany

By Jennia05/08/2010

What about building some flower boxes that fit over the railing? Like these http://squarefootgardening.mybisi.c ... ls-mix-filled-fence-box-in-4-lengths

If you can't get the link to work go to square foot gardening.com and find the products area- look for them there and buy a few or build your own.

I'd build my own, it would just be a rectangular box with 2 rails on the bottom so they can set over your railing- sort of like the monorail at Disneyland!!!