Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Decor for Easter Day Church Event

I have just volunteered for the decorating committee for our church. Now I have to decorate for Easter. Does anyone have some good, inexpensive ideas?

By Beth

By Sandi [390]02/19/2010

Go to the Dollar Tree or thrift shops near you and you can find everything you need for the church event. Good luck and when you are done, please shoot some photos for us to share? PBP

By Linda [36]02/13/2010

I used the plastic eggs - separate the pieces and use the larger bottom. I used a small ring of pretty paper glued to the bottom to make them stand or you can put a bit of putty or a circle of glue on the bottom to make it sit straight. Put a tiny bit of floral foam in and then stick tiny cheap silk type flowers in 'em. Makes cute and pretty little flower vase decor.

RE: Decor for Easter Day Church Event

By Tammy [9]02/08/2010

A wooden cross with beautiful purple material across it in a swag style is very pretty. Here is a link to one done in white http://www.bing.com/images/search?q ... tos%2F2004%2FEaster%2FEaster_006.jpg

Also palm branches are pretty as well.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Decor for Easter Day Church Event

I need some decor tips for decorating an auditorium. It is a church event. Age group varies from 14-23 years old. I don't want it to be associated with bunnies or Easter eggs. What else can I do? I thought of doing a collage, but not sure what to stick on it. I'm still thinking of the theme colors. I'm open to all suggestions. Do send me websites that you think will be helpful for as well.

Thanks.
Cherrie from S'pore

RE: Decor for Easter Day Church Event

I decorate my mom's nursing home door and I also did not want to go with bunnies, etc.

I picked up a purple plastic tablecloth from the dollar store, made a huge (almost life size) cardboard cross, added some beautiful lilies in the center of the cross and around the bottom of the cross. (Lilies also from the Dollar store. I spent $2 on the flowers). I then used a deep purple marker and stencil and stenciled on white paper "HE IS RISEN", cut out the letters with a white border and added beside the cross. This ended up looking very nice. (03/23/2005)

By Marietta