Desserts With Muffin Mixes - Categories:

DessertsBaking & Desserts

Desserts With Muffin Mixes

I decided to try to use some of the blackberry muffin mixes I got on sale last year for 29c a pack. I backed them in a shallow baking dish instead of the conventional way of using the muffin tins and papers, it worked out great!

I buttered the oval dish, substituted peanut butter for the cooking oil
and once cool I iced with cream cheese icing. Yum!

Be careful to watch and not let it burn. The cake seems to take less time to bake than the muffins would (I don't understand why, but ok.)

Also, I had some strawberry muffin mix. I did the same with no muffin papers but had some fresh strawberries to cut up into the batter along with the dehydrated ones that were in the mix. Awsome results!

Any other muffin tricks out there?

Some of those muffin mixes don't have the exact fruit it's called in them. I've bought some before marked "blueberry" that turned out to be blueberry flavored apple bits, instead of actual blueberries. The same with the "strawberry" muffin mixes, they turned out to have strawberry flavored apple bits in them, instead of dehydrated strawberries.

Have made this recipe twice, and it's a keeper.

I used Martha White strawberry cheesecake muffin mix.

STRAWBERRY - BANANA BREAD

2 eggs

1 c. mashed, ripe bananas

3 tbsp. milk

2 (6 oz.) pkgs. strawberry muffin mix

1 c. chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 5 x 9 inch loaf pan. Beat eggs. Add bananas, milk, muffin mix, and walnuts. Stir just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.

this is all making me hungry for cake & i just got back from having dinner out !

thanks !