Thanksgiving Turkey Centerpiece
Turkey made from a clay flower pot and fall leaves (real or fake). Easy for kids to make.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- brown paint
- paint brush
- kernel of field corn
- red yarn or felt
- google eyes or buttons
- round wood ball or apple shape
- small clay flower pot
- ribbon for bow
- hot glue
- Paint the wood ball or apple shape and clay pot. Let dry. Be sure it is the correct size for the size of pot you have.
- Turn the pot upside down and glue the head on.
- Glue the eyes on the head.
- Glue the leaves on the back of the pot to make a fan-like tail.
- Glue the kernel of corn on the head for the beak.
- Glue the felt or yarn by the beak.
- Glue a ribbon on the top front of pot for his bow tie. If you make a lady you can add a hat or lace in front with tiny buttons, too.
Note: Be sure to help the children with the hot glue gun.
By Donna from Millbury, OH
November 10, 20100 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 2:18:51 PM on 10.0.0.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us