Removing Lacquer Finish from Pans

I like Twinkle for cleaning copper. I have some pans with a lacquer finish. Can this be removed? I have lacquer thinner, but now what? Do I dip the pan in a pail of thinner? If so, for how long? How do I get the residue off? Has anyone been successful? Thank you.

By Sharon

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Leave the lacquer alone and in no way use any harsh chemical to try to remove it because those chemicals will leach into the tiny pores of the pan which will contaminate your food!

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 2, 2011
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Wood Table Finish
Repairing Wood Table Finish
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:43:55 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.