Tissue Boxes for Plastic Bags

Empty Kleenex boxes are great for storing plastic grocery bags. I put a box of them in the bathroom cabinet for use in the bathroom trash basket and under the kitchen sink for the kitchen trash can.

Also a Kleenex box makes a mini-trash basket to set near a desk or other area.

By Judy S. from North Dakota

I have been doing the same thing for years. Now I keep one in the lanai filled with bags. This is for DH to take with him to the dog park for scooping! When his is empty in the truck he swaps them and then I refill it.

Now why couldn't have I thought of that. I do use the empty ones for trash at the desk. Thanks for the idea.

I know this is from 2010, but when I showed my roommate he loved the idea! Even though these bags are being fazed out now (and even illegal in one city near us!), he hordes them. He knows we need to line the trash baskets w/ something! Later they will just sell plastic liners then claim they are bio-degradeable, or some other nonsense.

Oh. Forgot. Using the empty boxes as mini trash cans is excellent!

I save the plastic bags I get for vegetables in the store in an empty tissue box in my kitchen for messy trash that I don't want to just throw in the big trash can--like bacon grease on a paper towel, chicken bones (I keep those in the freezer until trash day). The crows and buzzards know when trash day is here and they attack, so this puts an extra layer between them and their snacks.

Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 13, 2010
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄