Recipe for White Wine and Meat

I am not a wine expert but as a gift I received a bottle of Chardonnay and Zenfedel wines. Is the old saying white wine goes with white meat still apply? If this is true I am in need of a casserole recipe that will feed 5 people and I have on hand some pork tenderloin. Would that be considered white meat or would it have to be chicken etc.? I need the recipe for a dinner at our house just before the new year or soon after. Thanks in advance.

BJ

LOL I think Ihave posted this recipe 4 times on this site but it's absolutely our favorite! I always double everything but the pork because we like to use the sauce over smashed potatoes or rice. You can also lay fresh broccoli over the top after you add the corn starch and it steams perfectly (if you like it tender crisp) and makes it kinda Asian. I hope you like it!

San Francisco Pork Chops

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs pork chops (last time I made this I used a pork roast)

1 tablespoon oil

2 teaspoons oil

1/4 cup beef broth or wine (red or white)

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

black pepper, to taste

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons water

2 teaspoons cornstarch

Directions

1 Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in skillet, and brown chops on both sides. Transfer to crock pot.

2 Add 1 T oil and garlic to hot skillet and brown lightly.

3 Add broth or sherry, brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper, and black pepper and stir until brown sugar is dissolved

4 Pour over pork and cook on high for 7-8 hours.

5 Combine cornstarch and 2 T water. Add to crock pot and stir into juices. Turn crock to high and cook another 30-40 minutes.

I don't have a recipe, but white wine would go with pork. Red wine is better with spicy or strong flavored foods, or with red meat -- so stew, or steak. However, it isn't such a big deal. Lots of people drink red wine with chicken or white wine with steak. It is more a personal preference than anything else.

Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsJanuary 7, 2009
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄
🍂