Cleaning With a Hand-held Steam Cleaner

I just purchased a hand-held steam cleaner (Scuunci that we've all seen on the infomercials) that I love. However, I was quite disappointed with the manual. I was hoping for a list of ideas for steam cleaning. I certainly know to clean around the faucets of the sink, under the rim of the toilet, etc., but I'm curious if any of you have come up with other creative uses for steam cleaners.

Thank you!

Barb from Lake County, OH

Best Answer

One of the things I do that makes a huge huge time saver is getting the hand held steam cleaner and our floor steam cleaner and use both to defrost the freezer. I use the hand held to melt the build up and the floor to suck it up from the hand nozzle. It makes a normal all day job done in about 2 hours. Another thing I use mine for is cleaning in the laundry room. It makes your washer and dryer where you have all the groves around the dials shine like new. Also it works wonders on your stove knobs too.

Best Answer

It is great to do the tracks in your patio doors and tracks of the windows.

Best Answer

I bought one of those too. I have a parrot and it makes short work with cage cleaning. Removes poop from all the crevices with ease. Now I don't have to wait for a hot sunny day and lug his huge heavy cage outside to hose it down. Plus I don't have to use any type of cleaner. They are so toxic and the steam does it all.

I just got mine last night, I've already been using a whole bunch. I used the squeegee attachment to clean the sliding glass door. It was awesome! i didn't even have to wipe it down! I've cleaned the sink, the washer & dryer and a patio table.

Depending on the surface you'd use it in the same manner as a normal spray. steam the area you want to clean & it'll loosen everything up, then you just wipe it down! I took my a step further. I'm testing it out to see how well it kills weeds! They have giant commercial 'weed steamers', so I figured why not try one of the hand held ones!?!?

Steamed a bunch of weeds this afternoon, we'll see how it goes. I hope it works cause it was nice not having to worry about my dog being out & me spraying anything harmful!