Mvelopes Budgeting System Reviews

Does anyone use the Mvelopes system for spending and budgeting (mvelopes.com)? I understand the concept and have signed up for the free trial, but I am just wondering if this has worked for anyone else?

Kelly from DE

I tried it and thought it was too complicated for my budget. Too much stuff on there I did not use. Now I just use a notebook and pencil to divide my allocated monies up.

It took me a few times to get the system. I had been using Microsoft Money for about a year. The FABULOUS thing about MVELOPES is that its really hard to "doctor" your finances without screwing everything up. It really forces you to be truthful with yourself. And I really like that money you spend appears RED. It makes me not want to spend.

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but now that my hubby and I use mvelopes together, we actually live within our means AND we are paying down debt faster than we ever have.

I love the free support, you can pop up a chat window and get help whenever you need, and the customer service tends to be great!

I have been using mvelopes for about 3 months now and I would never go back to quicken again. It helped my wife and I reduce our monthly costs by 40%. Just Amazing. Granted it has a some what steep learning curve.

I've been using Mvelopes for over 4 years. It had great support and I have had only on problem with them in that time that was evenutally resolved.

I like that they had a help phone line you could call and speak with a real person. Now all they have is a chat line (which seems to be on dailup judging by the speed of their responses) that if they can't resolve your problem they give you a 4 hour window when someone will call you back on particular day.

Recently, they integrated their billpay into mvleopes and, oh my god, what a disaster. Apparently, long user names (such as email addresses which they recommended Mvelopes users to use as their bill pay userid) causes hits a bug during the integration process and you can't get to your Bill Pay until they fix the problem (It is 7/26/2008 and my bill pay broke two days ago on Tuesday and the support person said that the earliest it will be fixed is the beginning of next week).

I ahve been managing software implemenation project for the last 18 years and you can not tell me that they had a beta and not seen this problem. There hasn't been a targeted email to those users (with long user id) impacted by this issue to tell them to sit tight and wait for further info before going through the integration process, nothing. Very frustrating, not very proactive and lousy customer service.

Mvelopes is wholly scammers and now spammers. The glowing posts above are indegestible and puerile. In other words, straught from headquarters.

Mvelopes Budgeting System Reviews
Budget & Finance AdviceApril 26, 2006
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
🎄