Uses for Plastic Vitamin Bottles

Any ideas for reusing empty plastic vitamin bottles? How easy is it to remove the labels?

Debbie from Bartlett IL

Best Answer

don't peel labels, just buy a cheap name tags at the local dollar store and and cover the old label with this and write contents on new label. Good use for bottles, store screws, nuts, bolts, buttons, you get the idea. Hope this helps!!

Best Answer

I have saved four large vitamin bottles to use as rhythm instruments for toddlers and young children. I have washed them and put beans inside. Glue the tops on and they make a nice sound when you shake them.

Best Answer

Warm bottle and peel off the label - remove the adhesive with a small amount of white spirit (turpentine) - wash inside and outside with detergent, and dry. You now have a container to keep your "lifesavers" or as we call them "polos", I keep mine in the car -easier than trying to remove a lifesaver when driving.

The labels on my medicine bottles usually peel right off, especially if I start with one of the corners and peel slowly. However, if you need a little help, use your blow dryer to heat up the label sllightly and that should do the trick. As to uses for the bottles, we use them for things like nails, screws, etc., saving change for the grandchildren(they love getting money-coins better than bills, which probably will change as they get older!). I don't know of any really great ideas, but would also like to hear of any.

we had a problem with squirrels getting to the bird feeders so we took a bunch of vitamin bottles and put a hole thru each end and ran fishing line and made a whole row. tied it from pole to tree and put the bird feeder in the middle. it was a blast watching the squirrles try and get to the feeder only to flip off the bottles.

Here are 2 links that I found very useful: www.world.org/reuse/pill.bottles and http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/bottles.html

I'm not sure how great these uses are, as they are limited, but they work here. I use them to store ends of drawing charcoals and pastels and crayons. I place a cork stub in one and stab needles into it, then cap and place in sewing basket. I label seeds I collect at end of season for planting in the Spring. I use one to hold hairpins. I use to hold pushpins, small clips. paperclips at my desk. I keep exacto blades, separated by small strips of Press-n-seal in one. I use one for earrings or other small jewelry items that need repair or are singles that will become craft projects. I just letter title on a strip of tape, unless it becomes a decorative item...then, lookout, it's decoupage time!

I use old bottles for buttons, different types of screws and other odds and ends labeled in my garage and craft area of my home

I soak the bottles in real hot water for about 20 minutes. Make sure to weight them down so the label is underwater. The labels should peel right off.

This works best with the bottles you can see through, but you could label the others. I attach the lids to the low ceiling in my basement with a self-tapping screw thru the center. I put nuts, bolts, screws, clips, etcetera in the bottles and screw them into the lids. It's a great way to store small items and see what's in the bottles. You can also do a row of these into the top of a medicine cabinet, in a pantry, or anywhere you have unused space and can attach the lid. Occasionally I will crack a lid, but it's easy to remove it and replace with another.

Plastic Vitamin Bottle
Uses for Plastic Vitamin Bottles
Better Living Green Living Recycling PlasticJanuary 12, 2006
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Cute Guinea Pig
Giving Vitamin Supplements to Guinea Pigs
Homemade Vitamin Water
Homemade Vitamin Water Recipes
🎉
🎄