Craft Ideas Using Extra Large Coffee Filters

Our church just bought a new coffee urn that does not use filters. We just purchased a large box of extra large coffee filters. Does anyone have any craft ideas that uses extra large coffee filters? Since we have so many of them we are going to use them as part of our Youth Bible Classes.

Laura from Sun Prairie, WI

I've never used them for crafts but basket filters of any size are great for serving popcorn or goldfish crackers. They are also good for wrapping the stick of a popsicle to soak up the liquid.

Uses for Coffee Filters

http://www.thriftyfun.com/search.ld ... ee+filters&act.x=12&act.y=12

oooo ohhhhh!! We did the butterflies with the preschoolers you mark with the crayola markers and use a spray bottle with water to dampen them and spread color let dry and then use a clothes pin to use a body in center twist pipe cleaners as antennae. We also made them into Easter bonnets for the girls. We did ribbon for the strings to tie on and added silk flowers and any decorative things we could find! cute! There are so many things, google coffee filter arts and crafts should help also!

Snow flakes. Coffee filters make the most wonderful snowflakes. Fold filter in 1/2, then 1/2 again and then one more time in 1/2. Cut at random spots. Open and put on a little white glitter glue if desired.

They are wonderful for layering fine china so they don't scratch,this goes for in between non-stick pans.

My printer was making a BAD noise and I called the company for help. They told me to use a coffee filter with a dab of alcohol to clean the ink head...and while they were on the phone they heard the racket it was making...Told me what to do,cut the line inside and send them a strip about 3 inches long and they sent me a brand new machine. The coffee filters clean many things because they do not leave lint on things. You can also use them for "Angel" wings. Put inbottom of flower pots to keep potting soil from falling through when starting seedlings.

GG Vi

I don't know about crafts, but they clean windows great.

They are great to use for bowls for snacks.

Yet another great ida we decided to use coffee filters for at our church Day Camp for Youth. We used the same concept of coloring the filters with markers then spritzing them with water. We also did the same to a smaller filter. with a styrofoam ball and a pretty piece of ribbon you have a beautifully unique angel. Simply place the foam ball into the center of the large filter and tie off at neck. Tie another piece of ribbon around the wings and attach to the angel.

Mix tempura paint and water into spray bottles. Spray the filters and let dry. Put the filter on the child's head and run a piece of masking tape around the outside of the filter to shape the 'hat' to the child's head. Makes a lovely sun hat for kids. A fun park activity or birthday party activity.

I somehow ended up with huge coffee filters as well. I found out that by placing one that fit on top of the big one, I could cut them down to size. Works for me; just another use.

I like the idea of the fluffy lampshades made of coffee filters. Check out this website

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/chi ... -a-really-small-price-parlour-130338

Crafts Recycled CraftsDecember 31, 2007
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Coffee filter with coffee in it.
Saving Money on Coffee Filters
🎉
🎄