What is the Best Waterproof Mascara for Swimming?

I have tried numerous waterproof mascaras, including Avon Wash-off waterpoof and Maybelline Great Lash. When they truly get wet (heavy gym work out or swimming), they either leave black raccoon eyes or simply run like crazy and come completely off. Can anyone recommend a mascara that they have gone swimming with that truly stays on?

By Alizaren from Philadelphia, PA

I have another question.... why do we need mascara while swimming. I live in Houston and it's so hot 10 months out of the year that I only use mascara when I am going to a special affair and will be riding in my air conditioned car from point A to point B.

Marty, that was going to be my question!

Alizaren, it seems it would be healthier for your skin and eyes if you removed your makeup before swimming or a heavy work out; and reapplied after showering. I think you're asking for trouble wearing makeup when you will be perspiring that much, too much risk of something getting in your eyes.

If you have not found a waterproof formula that meets your needs, you might consider having your eyelashes dyed. I cannot stress strongly enough that this must be done by a professional, but it is a fairly inexpensive beauty treatment and the results last for quite some time.

For years I too had "raccoon" eyes until I found Cover Girl marathon waterprooof mascara. Voila no more rings around the eyes. I don't swim that often but being tender hearted I tear up easily and this product is the answer.

Keep on stroking!

stormy10000 from Ca.

I am a lap swimmer and don't find when the product states water proof that it is not. It also means it is hard to wash off at the end of the day. I have used MAX FACTOR for years.

Procter & Gamble announced that, as of 2010, Max Factor cosmetics will no longer be sold in the United States. The line, which is sold in 70 other countries.

http://www.walletpop.com/2009/06/05 ... scara-max-factor-is-moving-overseas/

People, this isn't about berating people about when and where they wear their mascara....this is about helping them. Please keep those type of comments to yourself or start an "opinion" thread.

I'm sorry I don't have any words of wisdom to help with the problem, but it seems like there are a few on here that may. You'll just need to disregard the folks that are offering their unwanted opinions!

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips MascaraFebruary 26, 2011
Open tube of mascara with brush prominent.
Saving Money on Mascara
Above Ground  Swimming Pool
Saving Energy on Swimming Pools
Swimming Suits Drying
Washing Swimming Suits
Girl with Long Hair in Swimming Pool
Preventing Damaged Hair From Swimming Pools
🎄
🍂