Can I Hand Wash a Linen and Viscose Jacket?

Can a jacket made from 55% linen and 45% viscose be hand washed even though the label says dry clean only?

By Daffers from Ireland

I have washed such using gentle cycle, Woolite, and only partly drying in the drier and then hanging to dry and finger ironing on the hanger. Just be gentle and rinse thoroughly. I usually run a second cycle without soap.

If you are particularly fond of this jacket, I would not try it. And if you do decide to do so, I would not do it in a machine, but truly hand wash it.

What about the dry cleaning stuff that you use at home in your dryer? I have not tried that, but I think that might be a safer alternative. I suppose you are getting tired of the cost of dry cleaning that jacket.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingApril 17, 2011
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar