Christmas Wreath Using Preformed Bows

I save the bows off my gifts to be frugal. Sometimes they get crushed and out shape in storage. Can't use them again? Oh I can!

I take a styrofoam wreath, which I find at thrift stores, and either with straight pins or glue, I make a Christmas wreath.
Put straight pin in center of bow, even using the damaged scrunched ones together tightly. Start on inside opening, push them place, or glue on base of wreath. Continue until you have entire wreath covered. You can use just one color or mix them up. Add a raffia bow, tiny ornament or sprigs of greenery, attach a hanger of some sort to the back. I make severals at a time and take one to the SR Citizen centers, Hospital wards or to some of my elderly friends who can't afford decorations. Spreads cheer to so many!

By Gladys Hill

What a nice idea! I just saw a craft site that made a wreath out of a hanger bent to an O shape, wrapped with Green Garland and then had bows but on it! If you can't find a styrofoam wreath, than you could try that to, and it already has the "hanger" in place!

Season Greetings to you!

August 29, 2011 Flag

I am looking for ideas to use a bunch of little white satin bows from a friend's wedding. They are all uniform in size and style, just maybe about 2 inches wide.

I told her maybe we could attach them to her Christmas ornaments, that way she would have them as a keepsake as well. I thought we would also use them to outline the inside of a shadowbox frame to keep her invitation and other miscellaneous wedding day reminders in.
Can anybody think of anything else we could use/make out of them? Again they are just small white satin bows.

By twinkletoes from DFW, TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you glue or sew them to hair-clip backs that you get at a craft store, you can give them to the women who attended the wedding.

If you have enough bows, you could cover a wreath or cone base with them and decorate for Xmas or another occasion.

Follwing the idea of engtchrjean, pin/glue them to a Christmas tree shape styrofoam form for a table centerpiece.

Why not make up some Christmas Cross stitch pieces and use the bows on them. I personally like making sachet's and using those darling little bows. You can also accent them with a pearl of a proper size for the center.

Crafts Christmas DecorationsNovember 17, 2004
Making Gift Bows
Making Bows for Gifts
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Homemade Hair Bows
Homemade Hair Bows
Christmas bows made from magazines.
Making Bows From Magazines