Recipe for Outside Window Cleaner

Can anyone give me a recipe for window washing solution that can be used for outside windows in the winter? I just moved into a new home and the windows are filthy.

By Clark12

My mama used vinegar and water and dried them with newspaper from the 20s to the 40s when everyone had coal heat with gunk pouring out the chimneys.

If you are going to wash your windows outside when there's a chance of the cleaner frosting over, just put about a 1/4 cup of rubbng alcohol in with the cleaner. This will stop it from freezing or frosting over.

I did janitorial for 5 years at the local college. We used windshield washer liquid. There is a no freeze type for winter use in the car too. Works great on any window.

Outside in below zero or close to it temps use the windshield cleaner for cars. Works very good. Can use a squeegie too

I use vinegar and water as well.

Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsDecember 5, 2007
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
A man cleaning a window in his house.
Saving Money on Window Cleaner
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe