Product Review: Save-A-Blade

Product: Save a Blade Automatic Razor Sharpener

Manufacturer: Exceptional Products, Inc.

Cost: $20-$25

My husband uses the Mach III razor and razorblades. If you buy this product you know they are super expensive to replace. ($11.00) for 3 razorblades at Wal-Mart.

We watched the infomercial on TV that showed how you can re-sharpen your razor blades. What the heck; we bought the product, read the instructions and my husband set out to sharpen his blades. They suggest using the Save-A-Blade to keep new blades sharp but since we had a drawer full of used blades we decided to see if we could sharpen those too and if they would actually work and not nick dh's face.

4 stars for this product! It kept his new blades sharp and sharpened the old ones too. We've been using this for a month now and it's still worth the $25 we paid for it.

Note: You cannot use this for razorblades that have retention wires over the blades.

I found this tip on prolonging the life of a razor blade from the Clark Howard show. Clark Howard (http://clarkhoward.com) has a national radio show and a tv show on HLN that focuses on how to "Save more, spend less and avoid rip-offs". Several years ago he had a tip that drying the water off of your razor blade, with a hair dryer or blotting on a towel, will prolong the life of a razor blade. A razor blade degrades from the water that is left on it once you're done shaving and not from shaving itself. Some people reported that you do not need to dry off the razor blade but soak your in rubbing alcohol in between uses.

Howard reported that he used one blade for a year by drying his blade.

In the '30s my father had a small instrument for sharpening safety razor blades that cut on both sides. Don't know what happened to it but my brother and I played with it (without blades) because it had a handle. It was a toy to us. Brings back memories!!

My husband has a Mach III that he got for Christmas last year but he much prefers the Gillette Pivot Plus throwaways. He uses the the Gillette Pivot Plus for a week on his face and then gives it to me for my legs. I used one for ten months just to see how long it would last. It was still doing a great job ten months later! He gave me the Mach III but I too prefer the Gillette Privot Plus!

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyMarch 3, 2009
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Laundry Drying Outside
Reviews of Wind Fresh Laundry Detergent
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
🎄
🍂