Dealing With Frizzy Hair

I have curly/wavy hair. How do I deal with the frizz without using gels?

By Julie from Miami Beach, FL

Try Tresemme curl moisturizing shampoo and Tresemme anti frizz smoothing creme. Smooth creme over damp hair, not on the roots. Style and let dry naturally. Then use pick or wide tooth comb. Don't fuss with hair, the more you do, the worse it gets. Good luck. I have the same situation.

I forgot to tell you not to towel dry briskly. Instead, blot with towel, then with paper towels until excess water is removed. Never us a blow dryer. Also, sometimes a curling iron works on frizz as does finger curling. Again, good luck. Sun Silk products work for some people, too.

I have curly frizzy hair too :) The best thing I have found is TIGIs Catwalk Curls Rock shampoo and conditioner, they changed my hair! When they are on sale the big bottles are $10 a piece, usually around $20 when not on sale, but they last several months. But, in the name of being thrifty, a good natural remedy is castor oil. You rub it on your hands and smooth it over hair. Not a lot, just a small amount. As it dries the smell won't stay :) and it naturally fights frizz. Does amazing things for eyelashes too!

I don't have curly hair, but mine is coarse textured, and can get frizzy. I like the Biosilk brand of hair oil, just a few drops rubbed between the palms, and then over the top of dry hair, or worked through damp hair helps. It can be expensive, but salons that sell it have small sample size bottles, or you can get a similar product at Salley Beauty Supply stores for less than the Biosilk brand, even Salley's shampoo and conditioner that are similar to that brand works well for frizzing.

Best of luck to you!

I would first try a glycerin solution, but definitely don't rub

with towel. Just wrap and blot. Glycerin is $3 at Walmart. Put about 8-10 drops of glycerin in 1 cup water and put in spray bottle. NOT squirts, drops. It's very concentrated and sticky if too much, but slippery and smoothing in small amounts. Or one can wet one's hands and put 2 drops into the moisture, rub hands together and smooth down the length of your hair. Glycerin is in all kinds of hair and cosmetic products; it's the moisturizing ingredient that helps make the products silky and smooth. Oil does too, but I don't like the feel of it on my skin.

I have extremely fine straight hair and in the Midwest humidity I look like a fuzz ball. The best thing I have found is Tate's Conditioner. It is all natural. Word of warning, don't use too much. It keeps hair hydrated but controllable. Look it up on the 'net. You may have to order it; I found mine in an electronics store that also sold natural products. Good luck.

Anything with silicone in it will help with frizzies. If it doesn't have silicone in it it may not work as well. The best thing I've tried that works, although not a home remedy, is Citre Shine Anti-Frizz Serum.

Buy at Rite Aid, or Rite Aid website. Cheapest, most effective serum. It works on wet or dry hair. It doesn't matter when I applied it it rocked my world! Try it and see. I'm amazed. It's about $7.

http://www.riteaidonlinestore.com/p ... BUY-PLST-0-SEARCH&fromsrch=serum

Home remedy: I heard if you rub dryer sheets through your hair (like a comb) that should take away frizz as well as static. Also, getting yourself an ionic hairdryer (if used) helps too.

I stay away from chemical based products because they can do more harm than good. I keep oil on hand, olive, sunflower, or coconut (which smells amazing), and run a small amount of it though my hair while it is still damp. It tames the flyaways, defines my curls, and doesn't weigh my hair down. Plus I rarely have issues with split ends.

So long as you don't go overboard, your hair won't look greasy but will have a nice healthy shine to it.

Coconut oil really works for me. I wash and condition as usual, then towel dry as much as possible. A small amount of coconut oil rubbed through, paying special attention to the ends and then I let it dry naturally. Elminates the frizz, my curls are more defined and my hair is super soft. Also has the added bonus of being affordable and natural.

Rinse your hair in vinegar after shampooing it makes it really soft, then after you are done toweling your hair dry, use a dab of regular rinse out conditioner and put through the ends and top of your hair, not much and don't rinse it out. Let your hair dry normally. No more frizz. Works great!

I use the SunSilk shampoo and conditioner for curly hair,then spray my hair with a leave in conditioner (1/4 conditioner, 3/4 th's water in spray bottle, shake before using) and I love the way my hair look's and feel's. SunSilk product's are relatively cheap and can be found at most major retailer's.

I discovered this by accident last time I washed my hair. Another Thriftyfunner had posted to use a 1:4 ratio of white or cider vinegar and water as a rinse to remove conditioner buildup and "refresh" your hair and scalp. (That's one part vinegar to 4 parts water. I used white, cider might smell better.) I prepared the mixture ahead of time in an empty, clean milk jug and had it ready next to the tub. I washed my hair as usual and poured the mixture, little by little, over my head. I worked it into my scalp and hair as I went, all the way to the ends. I didn't use anything else, no conditioner or anything. Hubby told me the next day how nice and un-frizzy my hair looked. I think I'll do this about once a month now. :D

One caution: don't get the vinegar/water mixture in your eyes!

I use nutrient spray in my hair. it makes your hair lie down and shine. It also gives your hair nutrients, making healthier hair.

November 27, 2009 Flag

Is there a good way to hydrate very dry hair without using any products with alcohol in it? All the store products seem to be alcohol based. My hair has gotten very dry and frizzy as I've gotten older.

By menopause from Suffield, CT

Answers:

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Try using regular hair conditioner; apply it to you hair after you wash your hair, but leave it in don't wash it out. Use it as a mousse it will keep the frizzies at bay and will make you hair soft and manageable and stronger with less split ends. (07/10/2009)

By yard_sale_annie

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Good oils in your diet will help, and a drop of oil in your shampoo will help as well. Eat avocados, use olive oil in your cooking, and eat nuts. All of these have good oils in them, are healthy and natural and will help any dryness, including skin. Vitamin E is the "drug" the pharmaceutical companies don't want us to know about. It is good inside and out. (07/10/2009)

By nekocat

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

I had a friend in high school with very dry hair and she swore by mayonnaise. She used it about once a week as a conditioner and would wrap her whole head (not face) in Saran wrap for about 10 minutes and then shampoo it out. I think if you were going to try this it should be on a day when you had plenty of time to deal with it. (07/11/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

I use Vaseline on my face and hair. It works, no wrinkles, no frizzy hair, good luck. (07/12/2009)

By kffrmw88

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Have you tried Dove Repairing shampoo? It worked well very with my hair and my hair was really bad, trust me. (07/12/2009)

By DMarie98

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Try Freeman's Papaya Hair Conditioner and anti frizz. Works wonderfully. (07/13/2009)

By Mythi

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

Don't laugh, but give this a try Vicks vapor rub. I live in Florida and have really dry hair, when my friend (a beauty stylist from Mexico ) told me to do this I did not think it would work. Just use a little bit. I put some in the palm of my hand and massage it from the ends toward the roots. Warning, if you use too much you will have greasy hair, but if you try it let me know how it comes out. (07/14/2009)

By l99lynn

Dealing With Frizzy Hair

I use Garnier Fructis products. Just yesterday I came up with a mixture that uses minimal products. In a squeeze bottle (I used a 4 oz.), add a few drops (I used 2 pumps) of leave in conditioner and 1 squirt of anti-fizz serum then filled with water. After it was shaken up, the water turned into the conditioner's consistency. It left my hair very soft and frizz-less. Not only that it worked great, but it saves so much product and doesn't leave my hair greasy looking like the normal application. On top of this, its amazing skin lotion. (07/16/2009)

By Becca25

Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Frizzy HairJuly 24, 2010
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Fixing Frizzy Doll Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄