Hair Loss Due to Flea Allergy Dermatitis

My 5-month-old Bichon Yorkie has thin hair on his legs and back. The vet suggests it is a flea allergy. He acts like it is a death sentence. Can any one give suggestions?

By Sandy from Louisa, KY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Dry borax in the carpet like I have directed to many, for the fleas. Good for at least a year plus it is a natural product. Nzymes.com for the enzyme granules that will help in many ways with digestion and health. Besides, it helps make up for the processed foods that we can not totally get away from. Another suggestion is Willard's water in their drinking water as well as a spray on the damaged skin.

Best Answer

Sounds like your pets have a weak immune system. You have to feed your pets good quality food. It will cost a little more but it is worth it. Good quality food for a dog is Evangers, Natural Balance or Merrick. There are others but this is what I feed my dogs. Look at the ingredients and make sure the food does not have any by-products, chemical preservatives, artificial flavors, artificial colors, chemical additives. The first ingredients should always be some kind of meat (turkey, beef, chicken). Give your pets good quality fish oil. I use "Royal Coat Express" from Ark Naturals. Excellent product. Their web site is www.arknaturals.com. Their fur will grown back and it will be thick and healthy.

Todays post on dawn for fleas explains much you can do. Build system up from several angles. All health and natural.

My dog had the same symptoms and it was not flea allergy it was food allergies. He lived on brown rice and canned salmon until he was 17 years old. He never chewed his hair off again. I cooked for him once a week.

Answer

I have a dog and a cat who were both diagnosed with a flea allergy. They have lost their fur due to the allergy. How can I help them to regrow their fur?

By AnimalRescueMum from Warren, OH

Dry borax in the carpet like I have directed to many, for the fleas. Good for at least a year plus it is a natural product. Nzymes.com for the enzyme granules that will help in many ways with digestion and health. Besides, it helps make up for the processed foods that we can not totally get away from. Another suggestion is Willard's water in their drinking water as well as a spray on the damaged skin. (10/28/2009)

By muttmom

K-9 Advantix is the best thing ever invented! You can buy it one month at a time, ($10, so it is very inexpensive). Our little Yorkie lost all his hair from his back to his tail from an allergy. The doctor gave him Medrol to take (1/2 pill every other day, $15 buys enough for two months), then we got his fleas gone with K-9 Advantix and now his hair has all grown back. It just took a while. (10/29/2009)

By sanmer25

Sounds like your pets have a weak immune system. You have to feed your pets good quality food. It will cost a little more, but it is worth it. Good quality food for a dog is Evangers, Natural Balance or Merrick. There are others, but this is what I feed my dogs. Look at the ingredients and make sure the food does not have any by-products, chemical preservatives, artificial flavors, artificial colors, or chemical additives. The first ingredients should always be some kind of meat (turkey, beef, chicken). Give your pets good quality fish oil. I use "Royal Coat Express" from Ark Naturals. Excellent product. Their web site is arknaturals.com. Their fur will grown back and it will be thick and healthy. (10/29/2009)

By sabrinadog

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Dog Loosing Hair
Remedies for Hair Loss in Dogs
Pets AdviceAugust 7, 2010
Overdue Bill
Changing Bill Due Dates
Dog Eating Food From Bowl
Determining Pet's Food Allergy by Elimination Diet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 9:50:28 PM on 10.0.2.83 in 823 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.