Numb Back Pain with Ice

If you have back pain try rubbing a big chunk of ice directly on the painful area. Rub it back and forth for a minute or two. It will numb the area and kill the pain.

By Karen from Dade City, FL

Be VERY careful trying this. The sudden cold may make you jerk away and, depending on the problem , may make the pain worse. Also, ice on the skin directly can cause damage to the skin. Better to wrap the ice in a towel or flannel and apply that way.

This tip was given to me by an orthopedic doctor 10 years ago.

For my back and hip pain, the best advice I have ever received was to massage my back and hip with a cone of ice for about 5 minutes up to 3 times a day. To do this, I stand in the tub as the ice is melting and dripping. It feels great especially after a hot soaking bath and really speeds the healing. To make sure I have ice cones when needed, I keep 4 cups of ice in my freezer all the time.

To make the cone of ice, freeze water in 9 oz Dixie cold cups (paper cups). Using a small case cutter, cut a circle around the cup about an inch from the bottom. Next slice the cup to the top and peel it from the ice. While massaging, if the ice becomes loose in the cup before you are done, take it out and place a piece of tissue in the cup for a wedge and it should hold it until you are finished.

Young man holding his lower back.
Remedies For Lower Back Pain
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 2, 2008
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Man holding lower back in pain
Remedies for Sciatic Nerve Pain
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Using acupressure on a foot.
Using Acupressure for Foot Pain
🎉
🎄