Brownie Pudding Cake

• 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • Ad
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cups boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For pudding, combine all ingredients in medium bowl; pour into greased 8 inch square baking dish. For topping, combine sugar and cocoa in small bowl; gradually stir in boiling water. Pour over pudding. Do not stir.

Bake 45 minutes. (Topping will sink and pudding will rise to the top.) Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.

By Robin from Washington, IA

this recipe sounds oddly familar...wasn't it posted before but called hot fudge pudding cake ?

What's so great about this recipe is that it's exceptionally low in fat. I made (& misplaced) a similar recipe 10 or 12 years ago. It also included oat bran, so I'm eager to try this and substitute oat bran for some of the flour. Thanks, Robin! Liz

My husband makes a similar cake, but we use a lot less sugar in ours. A great recipe for a quick, easy and good dessert. We also make a lemon version.

carole would you share your version of lemon cake with us that sounds soooo....good

I am so happy to see this recipe!!! I had it years ago, used it for yrs, and somehow it had gone missing. My kids still keep asking me for the recipe, had to keep reminding them it was gone. Now I can give it to them, and make some for me! Sounds silly but we all enjoyed this little cake so much. Simple and the kids used to think it was so cool how it made the pudding. Thank you Robin.

Slice of moist lemon cake.
Pudding Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes ChocolateJune 4, 2007
Improving Boxed Brownie Mixes
Strawberry Pudding
Strawberry Pudding Recipes
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
Bread and Butter Pudding
Bread and Butter Pudding Recipes