Removing Burn Marks from a Stainless Steel Pot

How do you remove burnt popcorn from stainless steel pots? I have scrubbed with Comet and pads that won't scratch.

By Linda from Syracuse, NY

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Jen [2] 11/02/2010

I don't know for sure about burnt popcorn, but I put a fabric softener sheet into a burnt pot with enough water to cover the burned part and let it sit overnight. The next day it wiped clean with no effort at all. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Danielle M [3] 11/02/2010

You can use vinegar and water. Believe it or not, vinegar is a very potent and wonderful cleaning agent. I sometimes bring the water and vinegar to a slight boil and let sit. Works for me every time! Even when I was working in retail, cooking on a flat grill that got up to 450* we used vinegar to clean the grill!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lilac [20] 11/04/2010

Try Easy Off oven cleaner.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By BocaTami 05/08/2011

I tried everyone's remedy, as the same thing happened to me boiling eggs, nothing worked. I found a product under my sink called Cameo and it worked quickly and painlessly! They make a product specifically for stainless steel, but I only had the one for copper and porcelain. It worked great!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Tina [3] 06/22/2011

Just used the vinegar method today to remove scorch marks from my house mate's stainless 3-qt pot. Thank you, it worked like a charm, and now I don't have to tell him I scorched it or cough up $50 to replace it. Well done- Thank you so much.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Runner Angi 06/28/2011

I turned the exterior of my calphalon pot yellow by boiling the water out of it. I only had rice vinegar, and I poured it into hot hot dishwater and soaked the pot. It worked beautifully!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No