Printer Ink on Skin

I got a lot of black printer ink on my hands. The only household cleaner that removed it was Shout Stain Remover. It removed the ink completely with 3 applications.

By DaniGirl from New Windsor, NY

Best Answer

Lava soap and/or cleanser like Comet worked for me.

Best Answer

I use hand sanitizer to take out ink. The alchol in the sanitizer is what does the trick.

Thank you Thank you That worked great.

Best Answer

Baby wipes are another item that removes almost anything. Just scrub down with a baby wipe and you are as good as new. I use them all the time in crafting. I really think they are great.

Gem

I tried several different chemicals/solutions & soaps to remove aftermarket blue canon ink from my hands, they all did nothing. I googled how do you remove it, and I was directed to your site. I read several of the solutions and most were what I had already tried with absolutely no success. Then I read the bleach one which I had never tried before. The bleach one is immediate and in less than 2 or 3 minutes there was absolutely no dye at all left on my hands, they were spotless. I was amazed that it worked so quickly. I then finished washing up with soap & water to get rid of the bleach residue.

Editor's Note: Bleach should be diluted before using on the skin.

Bleach is fabulous after trying at least 10 other recommended things. It was simple and quick. Thank you.

I found alcohol to be of no use. Baby wipes get of the surface stuff. The deep stains came of best with alternating Shout and bleach, until it was mostly gone. Then, and good wash with soap and water. I also did all the cleaning with a non metallic scouring pad. I have plenty of disposable gloves to wear, and this reminded me to take the time to put some on the next time.

Resolve Spray N Wash laundry Pre-Treat spray. I was amazed...

April 7, 2011 Flag

How do you get printer ink off your hands?

By WEMETO from Lincoln, NE

Answers:

Printer Ink on Skin

Try rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. (08/11/2009)

By OliveOyl

Printer Ink on Skin

Rubbing Alcohol is what worked for me... A second, stronger cleaner is fingernail polish remover. The type "NOT made for artificial nails" is stronger. (08/11/2009)

By Cyinda

Printer Ink on Skin

Thanks for the different answers. I tried soap, vinegar, bleach, and hairspray. The hairspray loosened it up, and by the end of the day it was gone. Thanks everyone. (08/12/2009)

By WEMETO

Printer Ink on Skin

Lava soap and / or cleanser like Comet worked for me. (08/12/2009)

By castleberrycc

August 11, 2009 Flag

How do I get printer ink off my hands?

By ajones26 from South Bend, IN

Answers:

Printer Ink on Skin

Pour some liquid 101 bleach on your hands and rub it in. Make sure you wash your hands right away as liquid bleach can be caustic on your skin. Bleach will remove ink all the time. (06/04/2009)

By MCW

Printer Ink on Skin

I worked in a printing shop for years. Alcohol works fine. Use a rough towel to apply and rub rub rub. Be sure to use a good hand cream after so you don't dry out your hands. It does work! (06/05/2009)

By islandsage

Printer Ink on Skin

Most commercially manufactured hand sanitizers have an alcohol base, so will stay on your skin a little longer. The Purell brand also has a nice scent. (06/07/2009)

By JustPlainJo

June 4, 2009 Flag

How do I remove printer ink from skin?

Roger from England

Answers:

Printer Ink on Skin

Use some liquid bleach for whitening clothes, and rub on your skin. It will definitely get rid of the ink, but make sure that you wash the area with some soap and warm water quickly so as not get a skin irritation. (05/19/2008)

By MCW

Printer Ink on Skin

Try Rubbing Alcohol or Fingernail Polish Remover (the kind that's not made for artificial nails is made with Acetone, here in the USA). (05/19/2008)

By Cyinda

Printer Ink on Skin

Try hairspray. When I worked in a store we would from time to time get ink from the cash register on us. One of the boys showed us spraying it on and waiting a bit got it off. Also, works as a pre-wash for ink. Spray on and let it sit a bit then wash. (05/21/2008)

By SunshineRose

Printer ink on a hand.
Removing Printer Ink From Skin
Computers Printers InkApril 7, 2011
Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Ink cartridges inside of a printer.
Preventing an Ink Cartridge From Drying Out
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄