Cheesy Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place squash cut side down in a glass dish. Cook in microwave approximately 20 minutes on high until almost tender.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add celery and onion; saute until transparent. Stir in mushrooms; cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley. Divide mixture in half, spoon into squash and cover.
- Cook 15 minutes in the preheated 350 degrees oven. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and put back in the oven until the cheese bubbles.
Please Note: I microwaved the squash for only 10 minutes. The correct time would depend on your microwave. I did not use celery or mushrooms and it turned out great. Also, I sauteed the onions and butter in a frying pan, not a saucepan as the recipe states.
Source: Recipe is from www.Allrecipes.com and was submitted by Linda.
By Maryeileen from Brooklyn OH
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 3:41:20 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us