Cheesy Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place squash cut side down in a glass dish. Cook in microwave approximately 20 minutes on high until almost tender.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add celery and onion; saute until transparent. Stir in mushrooms; cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley. Divide mixture in half, spoon into squash and cover.
- Cook 15 minutes in the preheated 350 degrees oven. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and put back in the oven until the cheese bubbles.
Please Note: I microwaved the squash for only 10 minutes. The correct time would depend on your microwave. I did not use celery or mushrooms and it turned out great. Also, I sauteed the onions and butter in a frying pan, not a saucepan as the recipe states.
Source: Recipe is from www.Allrecipes.com and was submitted by Linda.
By Maryeileen from Brooklyn OH
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 20, 2017 at 8:06:54 PM on 10.0.1.17 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us