Helpful HintsCars

Keep Baby Wipes in the Car

Category Helpful Hints

Even though I have no babies, I carry a cheap package of baby wipes in the car. I always have them for a quick clean up of my hands after thrift store shopping, wipe a spill in the car, or wipe down the dash while waiting in traffic or at lights.

By Linda

Editor's Note: Baby wipes are also great to have for cleaning your hands after checking your oil or filling your tank at the gas station.

I also keep a bottle of water near where I keep the wipes. Cause if you leave them in the car for long periods of time they will dry up. Just sprinkle some water on the dryed up wipes and use as necessary.

They are also good for cleaning wounds & bug bites/stings . Once my Mom got stung by a bee that flew in the window , I wiped it off with a wipe & put some ice on it from a drink I had . The sting was gone in a few minutes & I'm a clutz so I've used them on many cuts & scrapes . They are a necessity

for the car .& also for the "Storm Pack". They make life Much easier during a Power Failure .

I use baby wipes for almost everything. I have them under the sinks in bathrooms/kitchen, in the car, out on the patio. Once you have a container for each area just get the refill packs. I'm quite satisfied with Walmart's Parent choice and most any kind. I especially like them in the car for quick hand wipe after shopping /touching carts.They are great for wiping up most everything. I like a wet dust wipe for cleaning up dust. I use them to clean my blinds. I've even dusted house plants with them. Be sure to rinse the wipe with water first, then dust your plants. Not just for baby bottoms!

Baby wipes are great for cleaning plastic surfaces, such as computer monitors. In the computer lab at school they use them because the lanolin in the baby wipe won't dry out the plastic. They are also good to clean the dashboard of a car.

Although my children are grown, my husband and I always have wipes with us on vacation. There is nothing worse than getting something sticky on your hands and being unable to get it off! If you ever watch MONK on USA network, you see he is NEVER without his wipes.