Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Uses for Napkin Rings

Are there any other uses for napkin rings? I received 12 pewter ones many years ago as a wedding gift, and I have never used them.

Anne from Emporium, PA

By

By lahlbrand03/06/2007

There is nothing lovelier than napkins in napkin rings on a table set for dinner...casual or formal. I wish someone had thought to give me some. I have now purchased one for each of my children who are now grown and I am hard on to pursuing some for my grandchildren.

By KootLady (Guest Post)03/06/2007

I use them to insert electric cords from appliances to keep them in order.

By Erica Haralson [2]03/06/2007

For some reason.... Curtain decor comes to mind for me when I think of these little napkin rings.Pewter? How cool!

By Allison [16]03/06/2007

Are they pretty enough to use as Christmas ornaments? Maybe you could use them for that.

By A.Sylvia Sommer03/06/2007

Anne, try to find small glass or foam cups which fit inside de napkin ring.Place one floating blossom in front of each dinner plate.
You can also make silk flower arrangements for seasonal dinner (eastern, halloween, christmas, attaching a small plant poke with a bunny or pumpkin, etc ).You can place several in a row at the center of the table.
You can place a candle inside it but take care that it won't drip on the pewter.
You can hang them for xmas decor, placing a tiny bird inside each and hanging by a ribbon/bow.