Electric Skillet Reviews

I need a recommendation on a good Electric Skillet to buy. The one I had broke after many years of faithful service and is no longer manufactured. RIP. Would anyone like to suggest a stainless vs a non-stick? Otherwise, what are your non-stick recommendations?

Holly Gates from Richardson, TX

I would look for one with these features:

1. Can be (unplugged obviously!) and submerged to wash without damaging the electrical parts.

2. Has a clear glass lid so that you can see the contents without lifting the lid and letting steam escape.

I have a GE electric skillet(non-stick), which I've had for several years. Works fine.

Ref: the non-stick surface - just don't use metal spatulas, etc. I got a set- spatula, spoons(1 sloted, 1 regular) that are intended for non-stick surfaces.

I am not a big electric skillet user. I have one but it was one my grandma had given to my mother and she didn't use. I have found it to be handy to take on vacations where you want to do a little cooking in your room. Mine is one from the 70's or 80's. I don't recall the brand, altho West Bend rings a bell. It does have the non-stick surface which I do like. I think a larger one would be nice so it would hold a lot.

I have had a Farberware electric frying pan ...which is completely stainless steel (without the worry of poisonous telfon coatings ) for over 20 years. They are easy to clean (filled with hot, soapy water ) and can be fully immersed in water or a dishwasher by removing the detachable plug element. I cannot rave enough about this item !

In fact, I "gift" them to all the newlyweds when invited to their wedding showers.

I wouldn't do without this appliance and feel everyone should possess one.

Enjoy this rainbow-filled day !

I have a Corning Ware electric skillet. The heating element goes under the flat casserole like skillet. It has a glass lid. It is easy to clean, the skillet part can go in the dishwasher. I've had it for 10 years or so and works well. One plus is the skillet part can be used in the oven also.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Had Farberward Millennium electric skillet - one of the legs fell off after a couple of years and warrantee ran out. Still use it because it is a great skillet - but every 6 months or so we have to stick one of the 3 legs back on.

Any ideas?

Consumer Advice Product Reviews KitchenJuly 26, 2006
Skillet Meal
Skillet Dinner Recipes
Chicken Skillet
Chicken Skillet Recipes
Chicken Mexican Skillet
Mexican Skillet Recipes
Beef Skillet
Beef Skillet Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 3:06:33 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.