Black Scuff Eraser

Debra Frick

This is a simple tool that you can make to remove scuff marks from tile floors. We use these at the school I work at to remove the children's slide marks on a brand new floor. Our school maintenance guy has a hard time keeping the kids from sliding on his beautiful shiny floors so he made these erasers so that he did not have to get on his knees to clean them off and it also makes it easy for those "small offenders" to clean them off themselves.

Time to complete: 10 minutes

• old broomstick or dowel or extension rod
  • one tennis ball

Cut an "X" in the tennis ball and slide on the end of the broomstick.

To use: Rub the tennis ball over the black scuff marks and watch them disappear.

After I made this my grandson was playing with it and we found out that it also works great for cobwebs in corners of rooms. They stick right to the tennis ball and come right down.

Hope this saves on your back and your knees.

cleaning floor

About The Author: Debra Frick is a mother of 5 and a grandmother to 8 grandsons and one granddaughter. She is a published author and poetress. Recycling and saving money are her passions. She also loves crocheting and cooking. She is also a pet rescue volunteer and has many pets of her own.

I just retired as a high school janitor recently. I've been using this trick for about 1 1/2 years. WORKS WELL! and its cheaper than commercial items that are at best iffy!

Super Idea.....cant wait to try it!!! Simply Brilliant!!

I had often seen our school janitor with something like this but never knew why until I saw him using it one day. It made so much sense after the fact!

Tried the tennis ball Did not work.

beautiful wood floors
Removing Scuff Marks from Hardwood Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsOctober 29, 2008
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
terra cotta tile floor
Removing Scuff Marks from Waxed Tile Floors