Raccoons Keep Getting Into My Shed

Raccoons keep getting into my shed. I keep trying to block an open area where they get in, but they are always able to remove it. I'm a senior, on my own, and none too handy with tools. Any suggestions on how to make my shed less inviting to them?

Mary in Toronto, Canada

Sprinkle the area with cayenne pepper. They will stay away.

How about putting a box of moth balls in the shed. They are not supposed to like the smell!

Well its not free...but it solves the problem. There is this stuff called "shake-away". It is a powder with coyote urine...a racoon's predator. They avoid the area, fearing their life. It really works! we had a problem with a chipmunk living in our shed and there was NO WAY we were killing it...so we found shake away at www.critter-repellent.com

All natural and no one gets hurt, works great! under $20.00, low ship....they probably sell shake away at hardware stores by now. oh well, good luck!

Mary, Moth balls really work, we had trouble with raccoons-bad!. I would suggest sprinkle the moth balls around the shed-that's what we did and it worked.

Home and Garden Pest Control RaccoonsMarch 14, 2007
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Rodent Control, Closeup of Wood Mouse
Rodent Control
🎄