Roasted Chicken with Vegetables

• 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
  • 2 tsp. paprika
  • 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 (4 to 5 lb.) chicken
  • 40 baby carrots
  • Ad
  • 12 cippolini, or 40 pearl onions
  • 2 ribs celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 5 garlic cloves
  • 2 cups dry white wine

Mix the butter, paprika, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Loosen the skin of the chicken carefully and place 1/2 of the butter mixture beneath the skin. Rub the remaining butter mixture over the outer surface of the chicken.

Place the chicken, carrots, cippolini, celery and garlic in a roasting pan. Roast at 425 degrees F. for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is brown and crisp, and a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F.

Remove the chicken and vegetables to a serving platter, reserving the pan juices in the roasting pan. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving. Add the wine to the reserved pan juices and mix well. Heat over high heat until the liquid is reduced by half, stirring frequently and adding any collected juices from the chicken to the sauce. Serve carved chicken with roasted vegetables and pan juices on a platter.

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

This sounds delicious & I am going to try it next time I do my next roast chicken. I roasted one last night & it turned out fantastic although it wasn't this recipe, it was still good & I can only say that this one has to be outstanding!

Roasted Chicken
Roast Chicken Tips and Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryFebruary 26, 2011
Roasted Bell Pepper
Roasted Bell Pepper Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume