Fruit Trees and Pollination

I just bought a couple fruit trees, but I need to know if they need to be cross pollinated with other trees. I bought a Vans sweet cherry tree and a Toka plum tree. So, do I need to pollinate these or will they pollinate themselves?

Hardiness Zone:

By scooby1 from UT

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes, the Van sweet cherry tree has to be cross-pollinated. Scroll to the very bottom of this webpage:

http://www.nurs  e-453144578.html

Plum trees also have to be pollinated. Toka has earned the reputation of being the best pollinator.

http://www.berg  detail.php?id=77

Plum trees have to be cross-pollinated, but you have to know if it is a European or Japanese tree, because Japanese can only cross-pollinate Japanese and the same with European. Call your local nursery and they can tell you which it is and what trees cross-pollinate with it. Also, if anyone within a mile of your home has the same type of trees, theirs can cross-pollinate your trees .

Peach Tree
Growing Fruit Trees
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesMay 10, 2009
orange tree in a terra cotta planter
Growing Fruit Trees in Pots
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Melon Plant Pollination
Garden Pollination
Close up of ripe oranges on orange tree
Do I Need to Remove Fruit from My Fruit Tree?
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:27:44 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.