Browsing: Growing Fruit Trees

Fruit Trees and Pollination

I just bought a couple fruit trees, but I need to know if they need to be cross pollinated with other trees. I bought a Vans sweet cherry tree and a Toka plum tree. So, do I need to pollinate these or will they pollinate themselves?

Hardiness Zone:

By scooby1 from UT

Yes, the Van sweet cherry tree has to be cross-pollinated. Scroll to the very bottom of this webpage:

http://www.nurs  e-453144578.html

Plum trees also have to be pollinated. Toka has earned the reputation of being the best pollinator.

http://www.berg  detail.php?id=77

Plum trees have to be cross-pollinated, but you have to know if it is a European or Japanese tree, because Japanese can only cross-pollinate Japanese and the same with European. Call your local nursery and they can tell you which it is and what trees cross-pollinate with it. Also, if anyone within a mile of your home has the same type of trees, theirs can cross-pollinate your trees .