Organize Grocery Coupons By Aisle

Instead of organizing your coupons by item, organize buy the aisle the item is found on. That way when you have a coupon you want to use, you don't have to go looking up and down the store looking for the item.

By Jennifer from Conyers, GA

That's a great idea. However, my local "Super" market moves almost everything around fairly frequently. thus it's always a search (and sometimes - quite frequently - I can't find what I want)

My favorite store moves items also. So this way of organizing coupons wouldn't work for me.

What do you do when you shop at a few different stores? Is there a specific system for this?

I keep a list of which coupons I am using. Also the ones I am using go in the front of that section in my organizer so I can get to them quickly as I shop.

I do the same thing. I have my list organized by area of store- fruit/vegs, meat/lunch, boxes.cans, dairy/bread, and frozen/other. This helps me greatly to get in a out. I have a four year old that loves to help, but doesn't like to shop for too long. I also only pay cash at the store. I bring $100 and that is all I can spend. I add the price of each item- rounded up to the next dollar- on the back of my list. That way, I always know what I am spending. That way I always get what I need most and not the other things that I don't.

Awesome idea. we do our grocery shopping once a week, we buy only what we need for the weeks meals. this way there is much less waste. we generally shop Sunday mornings since I work six days a week. I sit down on sat. evening after work to feel out a grocery list, we don't use coupons. I would love to but there is just never enough time in our hectic schedules for clipping and saving, let alone trying to set aside time just to do the shopping.

I used to spend hours in the Grocery store, and it felt like I didn't have any time after that to do much needed chores.

I started category grocery lists;listing the first section in the store we go to which is the vegie and fruit isle; list all those items needed to buy there, then meats, dairy, breads, canned foods, frozen items, and other. this has made my life so much more simple and the grocery store battle doesn't take near as much time!

I just moved so am not familiar with the store layouts at all but as I make my grocery list I group things such as meat, veggies, dairy. I put a star next to an item I have a coupon for and paperclip the coupons to my list it doesn't make it a whole lot easier but it keeps me from forgetting to use the coupons. I also now always carry a pen to cross off items as i get them so I can easily see what I still can't find and can ask without wasting too much time.

A bunch of coupons cut out of ads in the newspaper.
Organizing Coupons
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingJuly 26, 2007
computer printer
Finding Printable Coupons
Online Coupon Computer
Using Online Coupons
Trouble Printing Coupons
A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List