Cleaning Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing

Lip gloss leaves a greasy stain if it gets on your clothing. This is a guide about cleaning lip gloss stains on clothing.

August 8, 2006 Flag

Does anyone know how to remove lipgloss (with wax) from colored cotton pants?

Lily from Cranbrook, BC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I left lipgloss in my school shirt, the bottom snapped open then it went all through my white school shirt:S

I used hair spray and it worked fine. My advice HAIRSPRAY

Oh and u should watch the movie:)

Best Answer

Mixing regular or diet Coke a cola with Tide usually does the trick for cotton, even with dried in stains :D

anyone know how to get coloured lipgloss out of clothes?(already been in the dryer)

I spilled a red candle once on my carpet, we just moved into our new apartment and i was frantic to say the least, I called a friend. She told me to rip a paper bag to the size of the wax spill, place it over the wax and iron the paper bag. Repeat the process with new pieces of paper bag till it all comes up. IT WORKED to my surprise! This may apply to lip gloss idk, but good luck! or just for future reference! Chastidy

Kerosene works but it might stink up your clothing, just make sure you wash it well (=

I had my lip gloss in my sweater pocket when it had exploded in my pocket and can't seem to get the stain out.

I had lip gloss in my sweater pocket when it had exploded and can't seem to get rid of the strain

I left my lip gloss on my back pocket. It exploded and went all over my jeans, and I have wash it twice and doesn't come out. ;(

We got lipgloss on carpet, and nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

hi i have a same problem....which hair spray will help?

May 21, 2010 Flag

I got a lipgloss stain on my shirt. It's a bright red, so there's no hiding it. I pre-cleaned it, and washed it. It lightened up a bit, but it's still there. I don't know if this helps, but it's an Ulta pot of lip gloss. Thanks.

By Jes from Raleigh, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would try pre-treating it with water and cascade with dawn powdered dishwasher detergent. Mix into a paste, let set for an hour or so and then wash. The only caution is if it is a dark color. Do a quick test on the inside hem to make sure it won't discolor. May want to even try Dawn liquid dish detergent by itself first, it really is a wonder product!

September 24, 2013 Flag

I put my white vest into a drier and didn't notice that there was a lip gloss in the pocket. Guess what, now I have it all over since the gloss broke from the heat leaving sort of grease looking stains all over. I saw the suggestions to iron through a paper towel, but since polyester can't take heat, I am afraid it's not a choice to get those stains out this way. It was my favorite white U.S. Polo vest :-( Anyone? I would appreciate any good advise.

By Rasa K.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 24, 2013
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
lip gloss puddle and applicator
Homemade Lip Gloss Recipes
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 8:31:04 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.